2011年9月25日日曜日

My name

As you already know, my name is Meiko(芽生子).
I was named by my father.
When I was an elementary school student, I asked him the meaning of the name.

He said...
1. He wanted to make his children's initials same. My older sister's name is Moyuko(萌由子).
Therefore, my initial was decided on M. H.
2. He wanted to use Chinese character included "Kusa-kannmuri."
Usually, Kusa-kannmuri meams nature. He wanted his children to live naturaly and calmly.

Finally, he hit upon my name.
He hoped that I lived freshly and powerful like a hard sprout through my life.

By the way, the meanings of my sister's names are connected.
3.Moyuko 萌由子 means "bursting into leaf."(compared with mine, emphasized green leaf)
2.Meiko 芽生子 means "sprouting bud."
1.Mariko 蒔李子 means "seeding." (only seeding but with hope to bear fruits)

All my sister's like own name and thank father for his sense of naming!
Anyway, I want to be a person like one my parents hoped long long ago...lol

1 件のコメント:

  1. Your father is a greatly particular person about children's name! I was surprised that you and your sisters had such significant names. It is said that a name has a strong impact on one's life. (Especially Japanese tend to be particular about stroke counts of name.....) I think it is not easy to name a person because name can constitute one's identity.

    返信削除