2011年9月26日月曜日

The twelfth night

Yesterday, I read "The twelfth night" by Shakespeare.

The story is a simple comedy.
Twins separated by a ship accident are very resemble even if they are a boy and girl. After the accident each one think the another is dead. The girl disguised herself as a boy serves a lord and fall in love with him, but have to help the lord's love. The lord loves a countess. The countess loves the disguised girl. Love triangle! However, finally, twins can meet again. In addition, they can make two couple, the girl and the lord, and the boy and the countess. Happy end!

I could expect the end of the story from beginning.
Main story is very easy and impossible, not so amusing.
Yet, a fool served the countess and the lord was interesting.
His saying was deep and most difficult to understand the inside meaning.
I will read this book again to read it.

I read Shakespeare's works in Japanese. I heard that original his English is beautiful and fascinating, but too difficult to read at least for me.
At first I will read his books in Japanese to grasp these stories, select one, and try to read in English spending enough time.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿