2011年10月7日金曜日

marriage hunting

I take a class of "Sociology of the family" in this term.
The last class is about recently marriage hunting in Asian countries.
There are two hypothesises about why young people cannot get married.
1. Women who want to keep working after marriage don't want to get married.
2. They cannot find partner who satisfy with own request. Those who think wife stays at home and husband work outside cannot realize their plan because the husband cannot earn enough money to support his family.
Those two are both supported, and the problem come from work system.
Yet, I think money is not a main problem. There are many other causes, but I think the crux is people aim too high. If husband cannot enough money, wife should continue working.
Social system doesn't change easily. We have to change the way of thinking to survive the world and to have family.
but...I became to be afraid of my future even if I was still young! ;ω; 

1 件のコメント:

  1. I also take the class!
    I was sooooo shocked to see the documentary of Asian marriage. A Japanese woman in the video started marriage hunting when she was 21 years old. I thought she had too high ideals to find a man who met the requests. Compromise is so important in our long life, I think.
    But if I were her, I would have to start finding my mate because I am 21, too.....I strongly wish I can find the best partner without marriage hunting....lol

    返信削除